Held at the historic Nutridge Estate inside of the Pu'u 'Ualaka'a Wayside Park, Nutridge Luau offers a truly magical 5-star experience. This Hawaiian luau features a unique setting unlike any other – it is situated on Mount Tantalus, surrounded by a rainforest and tropical flora and features spectacular views of Honolulu, all the way from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor.
In the Hawaiian language, "Pu'u Ualaka'a'' (the name of the state park) literally means "rolling sweet potato hill.'' Under King Kamehameha I, sweet potato was grown here. Later in 1921, a man named Ernest Shelton Van Tassel was granted the lease by the Territory of Hawaii to begin planting Australian macadamia nut trees on the 22 acres of land within the Pu'u 'Ualaka'a Wayside Park creating Hawaii Macadamia Nut Ltd., the island's first macadamia nut plantation. At its height, the company had approx. 2,000 macadamia nut trees growing in the Nutridge grove.
Due to its scenic location, overlooking breathtaking sunsets and a large stretch of Oahu’s south shore, the Nutridge Estate has even entertained iconic guests in the past, including Clark Gable, Frank Sinatra and Marilyn Monroe. Elvis spent some of his free time here during the filming of "Blue Hawaii."
- Authentic Hawaiian backyard homestyle luau
- Million-dollar view and breathtaking sunsets
- Four hours of interactive activities, including cultural workshops and makahiki (games)
- Traditional imu (underground oven) participation
- Limited group size offers everyone "front row" involvement
- Local-style cuisine, farm-to-table dinner
Farm to Table Menu:
- Nalo Greens
- Pulehu Chicken
- Kalu’a Pua’a (Roast Pork)
- Steamed White Rice
- Mini Lau Lau
- Sweet Bread
- Haupia (Coconut Jello)
- Chocolate Cake
- Soft Drinks, Juice or Bottled Water
- Two (2) complimentary alcoholic (standard) drink coupons for guests age 21+
We do our best to accommodate dietary restrictions (gluten free, vegetarian, etc.) upon request 24 hours in advance.
**Guests 21 and over must present a picture ID to order or consume drinks**