Experience Nutridge Luau
Held at the historic Nutridge Estate inside of the Pu'u 'Ualaka'a Wayside Park, Experience Nutridge Luau offers a truly magical 5-star experience. This Oahu luau boasts a unique setting unlike any other – it is situated on Mount Tantalus, surrounded by a rainforest and tropical flora and features spectacular views of Honolulu, all the way from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor. Also, unlike many other Hawaiian luaus, Nutridge Luau is a small production – a small group, family-style authentic luau experience.
In the Hawaiian language, "Pu'u Ualaka'a'' (the name of the state park) literally means "rolling sweet potato hill.'' Under King Kamehameha I, sweet potato was grown here. Later in 1921, a man named Ernest Shelton Van Tassel was granted the lease by the Territory of Hawaii to begin planting Australian macadamia nut trees on the 22 acres of land within the Pu'u 'Ualaka'a Wayside Park creating Hawaii Macadamia Nut Ltd., the island's first macadamia nut plantation. At its height, the company had approx. 2,000 macadamia nut trees growing in the Nutridge grove.
Due to its scenic location, overlooking breathtaking sunsets and a large stretch of Oahu’s south shore, the Nutridge Estate has even entertained iconic guests in the past, including Clark Gable, Frank Sinatra and Marilyn Monroe. Elvis spent some of his free time here during the filming of "Blue Hawaii."
- Small group, family-homestyle luau
- Million-dollar view and breathtaking sunsets
- Receive a kukui nut lei and welcome drink upon arrival
- Four hours of interactive activities, including cultural workshops and makahiki (games)
- Help prepare the traditional imu (underground oven)
- Limited group size offers everyone "front row" involvement
- Local-style cuisine, farm-to-table dinner
- A unique and intimate, backyard style luau sharing the Spirit of Aloha
- Breathtaking views stretching from downtown Honolulu to the Waianae mountain range
Farm to Table Dinner Menu:
- Sweet Bread: King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread with Butter on the side
- Local Nalo Greens: Fresh Local Greens served with Lilikoi (Passionfruit) and Pineapple Sesame Dressing
- Lau Lau: Pork & Sweet Potato Wrapped in Steamed Luau Leaves
- Sticky Rice: Local Style White Rice
- Kalua Pua'a: Pork Cooked in Authentic Imu (Underground Pit)
- Moa Pulehu: Sweet and Smokey Grilled BBQ Style Chicken
- Taro Loco Moco: Dave's Taro Burgers served with Sautéed Onions and Mushroom Gravy
- Pineapple: Fresh Tropical Gold Pineapple from Dole on Oahu
- Lilikoi Bar: Passionfruit Purée on Shortbread Cookie Crumble
- Haupia: Coconut Based Hawaiian Dessert
We do our best to accommodate dietary restrictions (gluten free, vegetarian, etc.) upon request 48 hours in advance.
**Guests 21 and over must present a picture ID to order or consume alcoholic drinks.**