Polynesian Adventure Tours - Big Island Volcano Adventure
Have you ever seen an active volcano? Well, here's your chance! Departing from Hilo, this Big Island Volcano Adventure takes you to all the accessible attractions within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (the park has recently been reopened after being closed for several months in 2018 due to a volcanic eruption).
A picturesque ride through lush, forested areas gives way to the otherworldly vistas of volcanic craters, cinder cones, steam vents, sulfur banks and lava fields. This tour gives you a rich cultural experience and an exciting view of nature at work. You’ll also get to see the breathtaking new expanse of Halema’uma’u Crater – drastically changed in shape and size by the recent volcanic activity.
After visiting the national park, this tour continues to other top attractions in and around Hilo. Experience two epic waterfalls – Rainbow Falls where rainbows magically form in the mist and Akaka Falls, a 442-foot cascade surrounded by tropical vegetation.
- Visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (park admission included)
- Volcano House for breakfast buffet (not included in tour price)
- Halema'uma'u Crater – viewed from Volcano House; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitors Center – educational exhibits and park information
- Steam Vents – ground water seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Kilauea Iki Overlook – smaller pit crater next to main Kilauea caldera
- Chain of Craters Road – scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook – panoramic coastal and lava field views
- Akaka Falls
- Rainbow Falls
- Drive through Hilo town
- Drive along scenic Banyan Drive
- Liliuokalani Gardens
- Richardson’s Black Sand Beach
- Picnic lunch from Millie's Deli