Polynesian Adventure Tours - Big Island Volcano Adventure
As of September, this tour is again visiting parts of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Recent volcanic eruptions changed the landscape of the park drastically. Currently the Visitor Center, Steam Vents, and parts of Chain of Craters Road are the only areas reopened. As locations are opened they may be added to the route & stops not from the original tour may be removed.
- Stop at Rainbow Falls
- Stop at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Stop at Kilauea Visitors Center
- Stop at Steam Vents
- View Halema'uma'u Crater from the Volcano house
- Drive parts of the Chain of Craters **starting Dec. 3rd guests can briefly stroll down part of Devastation Trail
- Stop at Kilauea Iki Overlook
- Pu'u Pua'i, Luamanu, & Puhimau Crater
- Stop at Kealakomo Overlook
- Stop at Lava Rock Cafe (no host lunch)
- Stop at Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory or Big Island Candies
- See parts of Hilo Town like Richardson's Black Sand Beach, Liliuokalani Gardens, & the King Kamehameha Statue
Have you ever seen an active volcano? Well, here's your chance! This Big Island Volcano Adventure takes you to all the top volcanic sites at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. A picturesque ride through lush, forested areas gives way to the otherworldly vistas of volcanic craters, cinder cones, steam vents, sulfur banks and lava fields. This tour gives you a rich cultural experience and an exciting view of nature at work.
Listen to stories of Pele, the ancient Hawaiian volcano goddess, who settled in the Halema'uma'u crater at the summit of Kilauea. Watch a film of a recent eruption and view the volcanic artifacts and other geological and cultural items on display at the Jaggar Museum and the Kilauea Visitor Center. This is an exciting volcano adventure with plenty of great photo opportunities! This tour departs from the Hilo side of the Big Island.
- Visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (park admission included)
- Drive through Hilo town and see scenic Banyan Drive
- See the gorgeous 80-foot Rainbow Falls
- Jaggar Museum – see informative displays and films of past volcanic eruptions and current activity
- Walk through Thurston Lava Tube
- Visit an orchid and anthurium nursery
- Lunch stop will be made, where you can purchase lunch
- Professional, knowledgeable guide provides descriptive narration throughout your tour