Inside Tips to a Great Trip to Hawaii
Savvy travelers are always looking for tips and tricks to making travel easier, whether finding new destination to discover on a budget, or looking for unique ideas for packing a more efficient bag, there is no such thing as too much advice. For most, the more traveling that you do, the more knowledge you will obtain, and you’ll even discover things on your own to make your next trip easier.
Here at Hawaii Discount, we love sharing our insider’s knowledge for traveling to Hawaii, helping to make a trip to our beautiful islands easier, more fun, and an overall better experience.
We’ve come up with a few tips for you to use, whether its your first trip or your 10th, all giving you a chance to have the best Hawaii vacation ever!
- Get lei’d at the airport when you arrive – not only is a customary greeting, the fresh flowers will fill your room with an enchanting aroma.
- Discover your island early in your trip – the best thing to do in an unfamiliar place is to become familiar with the surroundings. Take an island sightseeing tour during the first few days and head back to the places you want to see the most.
- Leave room in your luggage – packing for Hawaii is easy. Your days will be spent in shorts and short sleeves, so bulky clothing is not really necessary, unless you’re visiting the Kilauea, Haleakala, or Mauna Kea. Leave some room for souvenirs or any clothing items you may pick up while you’re here.
- Ship a box home – if there is not enough room in your luggage, pick up a flat rate box and mail yourself what you can’t pack.
- Skip the rental car – having a car is great, but the convenience may not outweigh the hassle. Hotel parking can be really expensive, and most tours and activities include transportation. The Bus is a great option if you need to get somewhere. The fare is very affordable, and you can get literally anywhere you need to go.
- Make reservations as early as possible – as one of the most desired destinations in the world, everything in Hawaii fills up quickly. Restaurants book quickly, tours fill up fast, and luaus sell out weeks in advance. As soon as you know what you want to do or where you want to eat, make reservations. You don't want to miss out on your to do list.
- Try something new – any traveler can tell you that the best part of visiting somewhere new is getting out of your comfort zone. That case can be made for Hawaii, so don’t be afraid to try something new, and maybe even conquer a fear. Try parasailing, surfing, zipling, or even scuba diving during your visit.
What tips and advice would you have for visitors to Hawaii?
Due to the high volume of visitors traveling to Hawaii year round, our Hawaii tours and activities sell out quickly. In many cases, tours sell out weeks or months in advance. To ensure your spots on tour, we recommend reserving your tours today. Call our office or book online to take advantage of our low price guarantee today.